Konstantinos Pelechrinis, PhD
- Associate Professor, Informatics and Networked Systems
Konstantinos Pelechrinis is an Associate Professor at the Department of Informatics and Networked Systems at the University of Pittsburgh. He received his PhD in Computer Science from the University of California, Riverside and his undergraduate diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece. He is a recipient of the Army Young investigator award for his work on complex networks, while his research is also supported from the National Science Foundation. His research has also been featured in several media outlets, including The New York Times, NPR, Boston Globe, Bloomberg CityLab, The Ringer, and WTAE among others. He was also named in the “Who’s Next Under 40: Transit Class” by The Incline. He has also consulted with professional sports teams on the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- J.B. Colditz, K. Chu, G.E. Switzer, K. Pelechrinis, B.A. Primack, “Online data to contextualize waterpipe tobacco smoking establishments surrounding large US universities", in Health Informatics Journal, doi: 10.1177/1460458217754242, 2018.
- Sicilia, K. Pelechrinis and K.Goldsberry, \DeepHoops: Evaluating Micro-Actions in Basketball Using Deep Feature Representations of Spatio-Temporal Data", in ACM SIGKDD '19, Anchorage, AK, August, 2019.
- T. Chung, K. Pelechrinis, M. Faloutsos, L. Hylek, B. Suoletto and S. W. Feldstein Ewing, \Innovative routes for enhancing adolescent marijuana treatment: Interplay of peer inuence across social media and geolocation", Springer Current Addiction Reports, 3(2), 221-229 (2016).
- E. Papalexakis, B. Hooi, K. Pelechrinis and C. Faloutsos, “Power-hop: A Pervasive Observation for Real Complex Networks", in PloS ONE 11(3): e0151027. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0151027.
- K. Pelechrinis, C. Zacharias, M. Kokkodis and T. Lappas, “Economic Impact and Policy Implications from Urban Shared Transportation: The Case of Pittsburgh's Shared Bike System", in PLoS ONE 12(8): e0184092. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0184092.
- Network science
- Data science
- Applied Statistical Learning
- Sports science and analytics
- K. Pelechrinis (PI), “RAPID: Understanding and Enhancing Internet Connectivity of Underserved Communities During the COVID-19 Crisis”, National Science Foundation, $199,303, 07/01/2020-06/30/2021.
- Konstantinos Pelechrinis (co-PI), “CPS: TTP Option: Medium: Building a Smart City Economy and Information Ecosystem to Motivate Pro-Social Transportation Behavior", National Science Foundation, $1,439,999, 09/1/2017-08/31/2020.
- Konstantinos Pelechrinis (co-PI), “CyberTraining: CDL: Security-assured Data Science Workforce Development in Pennsylvania", National Science Foundation, $476,903, 09/1/2017-08/31/2020. Konstantinos Pelechrinis (PI), “Models and Metrics for Composite Socio-Spatial Networks", Army Research Ofice Young Investigator award, $49,839, 10/01/15 - 09/30/16.
- Konstantinos Pelechrinis (co-PI), “A Curriculum for Security Assured Health Informatics", National Science Foundation, $897,055, 09/01/14 - 08/31/17.