Yu-Chih Chen, PhD
- Assistant Professor, Department of Computational and Systems Biology and UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
Yu-Chih Chen received his dual bachelor degrees in Electrical Engineering and Law from the National Taiwan University, Taipei in 2008, his Ph.D. degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor in 2014, where he continued to work as a research faculty in both Electrical & Computer Engineering Department and Forbes Institute for Cancer Discovery. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computational and Systems Biology and UPMC Hillman Cancer Center at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He is also affiliated with Joint CMU-Pitt Ph.D. Program in Computational Biology. He is the recipient of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) Outstanding Student Research Award (2008), Orenstein Ph.D. Fellowship (2009), Best Post-Doctoral Speaker Award in Microfluidics in Biomedical Sciences Training Program, UMich (2015), and Emerging Forbes Scholar selected by Forbes Institute for Cancer Discovery (2017).
- Yu-Chih Chen*, Maria E. Gonzalez*, Boris Burman, Xintao Zhao, Talha Anwar, Mai Tran, Natasha Medhora, Ayse B. Hiziroglu, Woncheol Lee, Yu-Heng Cheng, Yehyun Choi, Euisik Yoon, Celina G. Kleer, “Mesenchymal stem/stromal cell engulfment reveals metastatic advantage in breast cancer,” Cell Reports, 27, 3916–3926, 2019.
- Yu-Heng Cheng*, Yu-Chih Chen*, Eric Lin*, Riley Brien, Yu-Ting Chen, Zhijian Hao, Woncheol Lee, Hyun Min Kang, Jason Cong, Monika Burness, Sunitha Nagrath, Max Wicha, and Euisik Yoon, “Hydro-Seq Enables Contamination-free High-throughput Single-cell RNA-sequencing for Circulating Tumor Cells,” Nature Communications, 10, 2163, 2019.
- Zhixiong Zhang, Lili Chen, Yimin Wang, Tiantian Zhang, Yu-Chih Chen*, and Euisik Yoon*, "Label-free Estimation of Therapeutic Efficacy on 3D Cancer Spheres Using Convolutional Neural Network Image Analysis," Analytical Chemistry, 91, 21, 14093-14100, 2019.
- Yu-Chih Chen, Zhixiong Zhang, and Euisik Yoon, “Early Prediction of Single-cell Derived Sphere Formation Using Convolutional Neural Network Image Analysis,” Analytical Chemistry, 92, 11, 7717– 7724, 2020.
- Yu-Chih Chen*, Hyoung Won Baac*, Kyu-Tae Lee, Shamileh Fouladdel, Kendall Teichert, Jong G. Ok, Yu-Heng Cheng, Patrick N. Ingram, A. John Hart, Ebrahim Azizi, L. Jay Guo, Max S. Wicha, and Euisik Yoon, “Selective photo-mechanical detachment and retrieval of divided sister cells from enclosed microfluidics for downstream analyses,” ACS Nano, 11 (5), 4660–4668, 2017.
- Single-Cell Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Drug Screening
- Cell Migration
- Circulating Tumor Cells
“Discover Key Metastatic Regulators by Sequencing Migratory Breast Cancer Cells” Magee Women’s Research Institute.
“Label-free Estimation of Therapeutic Efficacy of 3D Cancer Spheres Using CNN Image Analysis Cells” Pitt Clinical and Translational Science Institute